Chandeleur Island Brewing Company
Part Time Weekend Cellar Person
Chandeleur Brewing is in search of a weekend cellar person. This person will be responsible for all things related to fermentation, CIP of brewery tanks, general brewery cleaning, brewery tours as needed, and other tasks as assigned.
- Log fermentation data on all tanks
- Dry hopping via hop induction pump
- Transferring beer to Carbonation Tank
- Accurately carbonating beers to brewery specs
- CIP brewery tanks per brewery SOP
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all time
- Package kegs
- Brewery tours
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for craft beer. They must be able to work independently and strictly follow standard operating procedures. Attention to detail and dependability are crucial.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE:
- An understanding of quality assurance (QA) methods and techniques, laboratory operations, and basic knowledge of chemistry and biology
- Mechanical experience and aptitude
- Forklift operation or certification
- Home brewing experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
- Willing to work in consistently loud environments
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
Weekend availability a must. 3-6 hours every Saturday and Sunday.
Send your resume to email@example.com. Any applications/resumes received through Facebook will be discarded.